Trauma Informed Yoga Teaching- A two-day workshop by Pam Ronstadt, E-RYT 500
Saturday August 11th 1:30-6:30 pm and Sunday August 12th 1:00 – 5:30 pm
This two-day workshop will introduce attendees to the key concepts of trauma informed teaching in an effort to support the yoga teaching professional to use trauma informed teaching in the classroom as well as work with trauma sensitive situations and classrooms.
We will cover:
- A review of trauma informed and trauma sensitive concepts
- An overview of the different forms of trauma, including PTSD
- How to structure a trauma informed classroom and sequence.
- Different settings and applications of trauma informed teaching, including within prisons, trauma centers and with those in active recovery
- How to bring trauma informed techniques into your daily classroom settings
- Explore asana, pranayama and meditation techniques that have been proven effective in trauma informed teaching.
- The student teacher dynamic within a safe space
- The language of trauma informed teaching
- One trauma informed class together
To make this workshop accessible to all, you may pay in three installments of $75 each. The final installment payment must be made no later than Aug. 4.
Paying full price by Aug. 1: $195.00
Paying full price after Aug. 1: $225.00
Paying in three installments of $75 each: $225.00
9 CEU’s available
This course will be taught by Pam Ronstadt, E-RYT 500, YACEP, who has been teaching and practicing trauma informed yoga for the past five years. The teaching draws upon her training and experiences in the classroom and without, as well as the works and research of leaders in the trauma field. All materials provided. It is strongly recommended that you attend both days.